Weekends at any time
EducationPhD in Chemistry from University of Miami GPA 3.94 with postdoctoral research experience at FSU.
M.S. in Chemistry from IIT Madras (Indian Institute of Technology) one of the leading institutions in science in India and globally.
ExperienceAssistant Professor of Chemistry, Darton State College, 2012-present.
Experience teaching general and organic chemistry for science majors and physical science and earth science to non- science majors.
Member of review board for American Council on Education (ACE).
Member of Audience Advisory Committee for American Chemical Society (ACS).
Teaching Assistant, University of Miami, Department of Chemistry, Florida, 2005-2009.
Tutored oganic and general chemistry at the University Chemistry Resourse Center.
Evaluated other teaching assistants as the graduate student representative of TA Evaluation Committee.
Lecturer, University of Calcutta, Jogamaya Devi College, Kolkata, India (12/2004-05/2005)
Awards and Honors
• Won the Perpetually Outstanding Teaching Award 2008–2009, Department of Chemistry, University of Miami.
• Won the Outstanding Teaching Award 2007-2008, College of Arts and Science, University of Miami.
• Won the Outstanding Teaching Award 2005-2006, Department of Chemistry, University of Miami.
• Designated Graduate Student Representative for Teaching Assistant Evaluation Committee (01/2008 – 05/2009).
• Received merit based scholarship from University of Miami (08/2005 – 05/2009).
• Qualified Council for Scientific and Industrial Research-National Eligibility Test (CSIR-NET), India (2004).
• Received Merit Based Scholarship, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT), Department of Chemistry, India (2002-2003).
• Received award for outstanding rank in Bachelor of Science, University of Calcutta, India (2002).
HobbiesI have a passion for music, sketching and solving jigsaw puzzles.
Analytical Chemistry, IB Chemistry SL, IB Chemistry HL, Thermochemistry, SAT Subject Test in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, PCAT Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, GRE Subject Test in Chemistry, General Chemistry, CLEP Chemistry, Chemistry, AP Chemistry, Physical Science
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.